layout

Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July Weekend!

Wow! What a packed, fun weekend! So many pictures to tell the story so, I'll keep it short. On Saturday we started our celebrating by heading over to Ben and Sam's house for a little fun in the sun and steaks, grilled to perfection (until Ben and Justin had the "pepper accident"). Aren't they a cute little family?
Justin and Ben spent most of the time playing with little Hayes in the blow-up water slide. I REALLY don't think this was made for grown men but, try telling my husband that.
Jus thought it was hilarious to pull Hayes's pants down as he was climbing up the slide, do boys EVER get over hinny-humor?
After we wrapped up there we headed to a get-together with most of our Sunday School friends at Jaime and Adam's.
I guess it would have been good to get my belly in this picture? Just know, I get wider on the way down these days ;)
I just love Titan and Tacoma (combined they weigh less than Prissy...they are the tiniest/most agressive pups I know...they've got little dog syndrome and they hate Justin! haha)

We stuffed ourselves again (especially me with Jen's banana pudding...I ate three, rather large, helpings ;) So worth it! Then we broke out the Trivial Pursuit...we ALWAYS play Trivial Pursuit, Boys vs. Girls, but this time we had the new Wii addition. Pretty cool I must say. The boys spanked us (I'm sure this was the first time EVER!) haha

And after we got tired of using our brains we had to get the Band back together:
Jen on Bass
PePe (whose real name is Felipe but we like to make him "extra mexican" at times) is killing the vocals and Adam on Guitar.

Master of all drumming (Justin was taking all the pictures :) and I'm not sure where Jaime, Charity, Jonathan, Shaun, or Chris were? (By the way, Tyler and Susie...where were you Sat. night?)

So we recovered enough to make it to church this morning and then were so excited to go out on the boat with Jaime, Adam, Jen and Felipe...

Check out PePe. I took this picture as my husband says, "Dude, he seriously got at least 6 inches of air!"
Jen, killing the wake board
Jen and Pepe
Yes, Adam is kind of the man on the wake board and yes, everyone hates him for it.
And Jaime, with her signature move we like to call the "T-Rex"
Jaime and Adam
The boys are so silly, every time someone would fall off the wake board Justin and Felipe would go into "Bay Watch" mode and jump in to save them...looks like Pepe has Adam, Justin...who exactly are you saving?...the board?
And our feature performer of the day...Jus! it was his first time wake boarding and things were looking grim at first. (check out the slack in that line)But it wasn't long before he got up and going...
Even trying a few daring tricks on his first run...He's so manly!
And, Charleigh and I just did what we do best, relaxed and tanned :)

2 comments:

Susana M Kepner said...

I love all the pictures! By the way, we were downtown watching the fireworks Friday night with T's family.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I love all the photos too! You gotta get that belly in there more for me though!!! I love you Christi...