layout

Thursday, July 16, 2009

30 weeks, 151lbs

Alright now, the weight gain is getting a little ridiculous. I really don't think I am "supposed" to be putting on more than a pound a week and well, I like to overacheive. I really do NOT make good, healthy eating choices anymore at ALL and I eat even when I'm not hungry. I need to do better I think, but it's so hard...

So, yesterday we had another appointment with the high risk doc. We got to see baby girl again, I love seeing her, she's MINE all MINE! GrandMama got to come see her live for the first time as well. The bigger babies get the less you can see all their movements on the ultrasound, because you can't look at there whole body at once...so, we have to try to piece together what she is doing in there. She had the hiccups for the majority of the time, ultrasound tech said that is good because it proves her breathing functions work...who knew? Well, they do, cause she gets the hiccups ALL the time! I can't post pictures of the ultrasound because, like I said before, no printer/scanner :(

So, after that we met with Dr. Maher to go over everything. Here is what we learned:
#1 - her feet are 2.5 inches long which is RIGHT on target with a 30 week old baby...yay, was stressing about her boats for a while there.
#2 - all of her growth is perfectly proportional (head/abdomen/apendages)
#3 - she weighs 3 lbs and 10 oz. Which is in the 57th percentile (a little tiny bit big but she has evened out since our last appointment when she was in the 66th percentile)
#4 - my placenta moved more than it ever has! It is now located 2.7 cm from my cervix. This is good news because if it keeps moving out of the way, I could still go into labor naturally and have a vaginal deivery...no c-section. So, we'll keep praying about what's best for little Charleigh!
#5 - for the first time they hooked me up to a fetal and uterine monitor to watch the baby's heartrate, movements, and any contractions of the uterus (don't worry, nothing was wrong, they just do that to all women starting at 30 weeks). Turns out, I'm having contractions pretty regularly and not knowing it. I was told to push a button every time I felt her move, but she was sleeping so she wasn't moving at all for the first 30 minutes. Then, I thought I felt her roll a little bit, really faintly, so I pushed the button, then it happened again about 10 minutes later, and again. Those were the only times I felt her move for a good while. Then she woke up, and HOLY LORD the child was cha-cha sliding in there. The button officially got pushed every few seconds for the next 30 minutes! Well, the doc came in and said that those "rolls" I was feeling before were actually not the baby at all...they were contractions...who knew?
#6 - Baby Charleigh is head down and ready to roll whenever that time comes!


Newest symptoms: My belly is back to flaking again. Weirdest thing, no matter how much I lather it up with lotions and tummy butters, it gets dry again and flakes like crazy...
Just when you thought the off-the wallness couldn't get worse...I now developed clicking. That's right, periodically, my belly clicks. It's getting more and more frequent. It always happens when she's moving and it is random in nature. But just like tiny little suction noice or click of your tonque, that sound comes from my belly! I feels like a little bubble bursts inside (a very small bubble, not my water or anything). I've talked to several midwives, nurses, and doctors and the only thing I get is (at first a puzzled stare) that the hormones are making my cartilidge relax which is causing my joints to click...but, this is not the problem I tell ya. It's not coming from me or my bones...it's straight up in my belly! I've researched and other women have complained of this "clicking" but, no one seems to know what causes it ???


In other symptom news: we're back to no sleep, I mean, none, tossing and turning and muscle pain (I had the ripping thing under control until this week), and backaches. Oh, I know she is so worth it and I am thankful to be having all this discomfort. My eyes is on the prize :)


I'd like to ask or prayer from you prayin' folk out there. My sister and her husband have been trying for a baby for about a year now with no success. They went in to do an exploratory surgery yesterday and found that she has stage four endometriosis, it covered both her ovaries, her fallopian tubes, and is wrapped around her intestines (she has REALLY painful periods mind you). Well, the got rid of as much as possible on the right side, which was a lot, but the left side was so inflamed and swollen that the doc couldn't tell the different between her intestines and her fallopian tube. So, he had to stop the surgery short and is now going to put her into Menopause for 3 months to get some of the inflamation to go away so that he can do a more invasive surgery to remove the rest of the problems. Needless to say, it was not the best diagnosis for them. She is in pain now recovering from this surgery, you can imagine how frustrating it is to try for a baby for so long and now be set back 3 more months are you go through MENOPAUSE...which the doc says will be horrible! And then, you're looking forward to another surgery that may or may not save your left ovary and fallopian tube...
She is in good spirits, better than I would be and the doctor said he does think she will be able to have a child in the future, but not to get her hopes up on having more than one or two.
Today in my quiet time I read the story of 10 lepers who wanted Jesus to heal them. Jesus told them to simply go show themselves to the cheif priest...something that was forbidden because they were contagious! It sounds really simple and small but all they had to do was risk looking stupid and go...I'm sure after much debate and discussion amongst them, they went, and it says that on the way there they were healed. My prayer for my sister is that God give her healing, I pray that if he puts a simple task of faith in front of her that she would be faithful, that she would set aside reason and logic and complete the task. Then I pray that he would heal her, on the way. My Jesus doesn't need a three month menopause, or an invasive surgery to heal her, I pray that if she is found faithful, that he heal her along the way, suddenly, without explanation.
I'm not really sure HOW we would know that this has happened...they won't be going back in to "look" at her or anything, but I'm sure God will let us know :)

Okay Okay, so, I have so much exciting wonder that God is revealing to me and so much that he is doing inside my heart these days. I don't write about it much because everytime I sit down, I don't know where to start. They haven't made up words big enough and miraculous enough for me to use to accurately describe. Just know. He is HERE.

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi, I am praying for sweet Sherry. I started crying when I read your prayers for her, and that God would heal her "along the way." I will be praying the same.

You are so adorable, by the way. I can't believe it's getting so close. I always check your little baby count down, and get excited and ready for the next week's blog update!! I am just so excited for her to come and to see photos!

I love you and am also praying for you, Jus, and sweet sweet Charleigh!

Mrs. J Manny said...

I just love reading your blogs. Please keep telling me all that God is showing you, its so very encouraging! I will definitely be praying for Sherry.

Also, I cannot believe you are 30 weeks pregnant. YOU ARE TINY! You are going to be having a baby so soon and you are looking fabulous. Im pretty sure I looked like I was going to explode at this point. Im glad that your placenta is in motion =) I pray that what's best for little Charleigh will play out perfectly.

i hope you get some sleep. you wont get ANY in a few weeks so you need to stock up on all that you can, but its impossible when you are so uncomfortable. ill pray you can get comfy and sleep like a baby =)

i love you and hope I get to see you in a couple weeks. I just want to see and feel that belly up close and personal!