layout

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

and they call it a sausage festival??

Ok, so if you don’t have a whole lot of time right now, then walk away from my blog. I’m warning you, it’s gonna be a long one!
So, Friday was Matt and Kristen’s wedding. It was so classy; would you expect anything else from Kristen?? The flowers were my favorite…..the hugest lilies ever, so simple, but just beautiful. Well, right when I arrived Justin sent me on 20,000 errands and I was going crazy. But finally we all got seated and the music started. Matt was the most nervous groom I have ever seen but I have also never seen a man light up like that when his bride made her entrance. Justin said of all the years of knowing Matt, he has never seen that same expression on his face. We sat on the groom’s side so we had the best view of Kristen and her reaction. She was absolutely giddy, she was trying so hard to keep a straight face but she kept just erupting with the biggest smiles you have ever seen.


The weather was gorgeous and we had no planes or trains……I’d say that’s a definite blessing! Then we moved onto the reception. I again was amazed at the flowers, those were the most awesome centerpieces, I mean just huge!

We all had so much fun eating and laughing and talking that I believe we were again branded the “loud” table. Oh well, as long as we are enjoying ourselves, what’s the harm. We had jumbo stuffed shrimp with crabmeat, which I actually pretty much liked! Soon the lovely couple was ready to rush off to the honeymoon and we wished them farewell with bubbles. I heard later that Kristen got sick in the wee hours of the morning and they had to push their flight to Hawaii back to Sunday……I hope see feels better and I can’t wait till they get home so we can hear all about it! After the reception a bunch of people we going out on the town but frankly we were tired so we decided to go home and relax and watch a movie. We sent the boys out to pick up the movie and they came back with “Just Friends” a romantic comedy……I was thoroughly impressed. Although it could have been that Tara was coaching them via cell the whole time………haha.

Then it was Saturday morning and Audge, Kerrie, Kristi and I were off to the beach. I was so afraid it was going to be cold but it was sooo warm. We got lots of sun and just relaxed. I missed the beach so much. Toby soon joined and then Dallas and his sisters (who were in town from Wisconsin) came to visit us. We all decided to head to Bagelheads for lunch. Man, was that more trouble than we thought, turns out Audrey missed her turn and we thought she went to a different Bagelheads so we got back in the car and went to the one on the bay and turns out she showed up at the one we had just left from. As we were pulling out of the second Bagelheads, we see Audrey and Kerrie riding by honking…….haha. It was quite the adventure. So then we all went our separate ways. But not for long, Audge and Kerrie came over to my house so we could get glamorized for the hockey game. We all headed out and met up with Tori and her little sister who is basically a hockey super fan. The game was fun cause there were lots of fights and the team mascot basically hit on Audrey! Haha. Plus, Kenli won a pizza for being the loudest fan……big surprise! Haha (p.s. I still did not get a slice of that dang pizza) Afterwards we met up with Dallas’s sisters and waited for him to wash his stinky self after the game. Then we HAD to take them to McGuire’s because they had never been. Kristi and I charmed our waiter into opening up the back room with the big circle table and HE DID! Dinner was a hoot, we had so much fun and I just basically LOVE Dallas’s sisters. They are sooo stinkin’ cute and just as much witty too! Not to mention there was lots of love for JC at that table. We didn’t get home until after 1am so I was so tired. P.S. Justin and Kurt were in Niceville all day for some training sessions for work so that is why we were gallivanting without them………just so you know. Then Sunday we got up bright and early for Sunday school at 8am and I was TIRED! Man, but the lesson went great and then service was right on as usual. We ran home just in time for Kurt to drop by and he and Justin ran off to play a round of golf with their boss. Meanwhile, Audrey, Kerrie and I headed off to the Sausage festival in Beulah! Yeee haw! It was so fun. We milled around at all the little shops and I got me a new cow girl hat. Dallas and his sisters soon arrived and we met up with them just before the Phil Vasser concert started. I guess my hat was super hotttttt, cause Dallas said he liked it so much he went and bought one. So we were basically twinkies the whole night. One of the sisters took a twinkie picture but I don’t have a copy of it…….oh well, you’ll just have to imagine. We all had fun dancing and singing and acting goofy in general. And chuckling every time we heard the work “sausage festival” it just doesn’t sound right…….maybe we aren’t mature enough for the Johnson fest! Hhahahha. Then the concert was over and we bid Dallas, Emily and Beth goodbye. As we are on our way home Justin and Kurt called and tell Audrey to drop me off at Applebee’s so I can eat with them. Little did I know that Dallas, Emily and Beth were coming too! Hahah. So it wasn’t goodbye after all! But Audge and Kerrie had to get on the road in order to make it back to Tally in time =(. We all ate dinner and laughed and talked as usual and I got to spend some much needed time with my hubby. I missed him so much this weekend! Soon we were on our way home……I was so glad to spend the rest of the night just me and my Jus……..

Well, bad news…….Prissy’s ear just started bleeding and I was freaking out. I called Toby and she agreed to come get her and take her to the vet. She has another infection. They think it may be allergies but they are giving me drops just like before. Oh I hope she feels better I just love that dog. So keep my baby cakes in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! thats right! I am in the blog! picture and my name! Man, that weekend was the best! i love you and will see you soon!!