layout

Monday, March 06, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUS!

Okay so Thursday we went bowling, as usual, and this time Dallas graced us with his presence again. There were no 298’s but Justin did bowl a 220 (which is pretty standard for the professional bowlers we accompany ourselves with) haha. Saturday Justin, Kurt, Matt and some men from Justin’s work played in a golf tournament for a local Christian school. And Justin’s team won!! Yeah, he’s my little Tiger Woods, but what I was the most excited about was the fact that the boy got a little sun………he was starting to resemble a certain friendly ghost. While they were busy swinging away Toby and I car-pooled to Kristen’s bridal shower at the Lincke’s house. I seriously love Beverly Lincke. Kristen constantly tells each of us that we remind her of each other…….and now I see why. She is just a bit crazy retarded at times. Haha, I love it. It was a beautiful shower and we had a lot of fun with Kristen. The Lincke’s just got a new puppy name Cassie and Beverly entertained us all with stories of how the dog always pees on Shane and he therefore hates the pup! Hahah. Soon Shane graced us with his presence and I schooled him on how dogs can sense the Alpha male and therefore submit to him but peeing……..it’s weird but we had the same problem with Prissy and Justin so, I did some research. But the place where most men mess up is they yell at the poor thing for peeing……..which re-enforces that fact that they are the Alpha male and causes the dog to pee more (it’s a vicious cycle). I just told him he has to stop yelling at the dog! Haha

By the time we were finished the boys were home from their tournament and our youth boys were already starting to arrive at our house………….oh yeah minor detail, Justin invited all the boys in the youth group to our house for a night of UFC fighting on PPV (again!) and yes, as always, they spent the night. Soooo, we all watched the fights, I tucked away to the office periodically to relieve myself of the pure testosterone in the room. I was in there finishing the minor details of Justin and Kurt’s surprise birthday party the next day. Soon I went to bed and they of course stayed up all night.

So Sunday morning came and Sunday school and church went great. We all went to eat at Sonny’s and ran into the Jernigan’s so we all joined into one big group. Toby and I sent out invitations last week to Justin and Kurt’s surprise birthday party. It said for everyone to be at my house at 12:30 (which is when we usually get back from lunch). So we finished our food at Sonny’s rather quickly and it was still like way before 12. Toby and I entered panic mode. We needed to stall and stall hard. We are all obviously done with our food yet Toby tries to convince Kurt she is still eating her beans. As she shovels them into her mouth one at a time, hahaha. He was not impressed and decided he was going ahead to pay for the meal without her. I then accidentally (no really it was an accident) knocked over my drink, which took Justin a good 5 minutes to clean up, then I told the boys I had ice from the drink in my purse and I needed to go to the bathroom and clean it out………where I proceeded to stand there and waste time as little old ladies came in and out, each of which asked me what I was doing standing there. Soon Toby joined me in my bathroom hideout. She said, “I told them I got some tea on my shoe so I needed to come clean it.” We just sat in the bathroom and laughed, but after about 15 minutes we knew they would soon come in after us, so I sent Toby out with the message that I wasn’t feeling well and they could wait for me by the car. Again, I could only do this for so long so I came out, but we were still like 15 minutes ahead of schedule. So on the way we tried everything to get one of them to stop for something………but we then realized our husbands are determined and difficult. So nevertheless we arrived 15 minutes early, yeah before the guests! Haha. Jeremy, Kristin and little Nathan were walking down the road (cause they parked at a neighbor’s house) when we pulled up. I saw them and quickly turned Justin’s attention the other way, luckily he didn’t see them and when we got out of the car I looked back to see if they were coming and they disappeared. Just then I saw Jeremy’s head pop up over a nearby truck that they hid behind………haha. When we walked in Justin and Kurt saw all the decoarations and the cake and all, and they knew what was going on. Just then Jeremy and them walked in, Charlie drove up, and Ben drove up……it’s like they were all hiding in the bushes. So the surprise went pretty well after all! We all had fun eating our goldfish (going along with the fishing theme). And Toby and I gave Kurt and Justin their chartered fishing trips!! They were excited needless to say, and due to the fact that Justin and Ben never go fishing without each other………Sam got Ben in on the trip too! Haha. Those boys are gonna have tons of fun. We got them the longest trip ever, eight whole hours! Well we finished the party by eating cake and drinking our blue kool-aid. Ms. Joy and Jo showed up toward the end. I am so mad that I forgot to take any pictures…….I really am soooo sad about that. Everything was so cute, thanks Matt and Kristen for decorating for us! After all the guests left Justin and I cuddled up for our Sunday nap and boy did we need it. We are both getting sick. Justin has a worse immune system than I do (I think it is due to his addiction and dependence on NyQuil) so his sickness is progressing faster and worse than mine. But I’m slowly catching up.

Well, today is justin’s birthday! Happy bday my love! He and his dad take the day off of work and go fishing every year for his birthday so that is where he is right now……fishing, no doubt getting sicker and sicker by the minute! Well, in honor of his birthday I have a little poem/Brad Paisley song that I changed the words too! Haha

he's a yellow pair of running shoes

A dirty pair of jeans
he looks great in cheap sunglasses
he looks great in anything
he's I want a piece of chocolate
Let’s rent a movie
he's I can't find any clean clothes
Now and then he's moody

he's a truck with a toolbox
With his brown hair a-blowing
he's a soft place to land
And a good feeling knowing
he's a warm conversation
That I wouldn't miss for nothing
he's a fighter when he's mad
And he's a lover when he's lovin’

And he's everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
when talk about him, I go on and on and on
'Cause he's everything to me

he's a Saturday out on the town
And a church boy on Sunday
he's a cross around his neck
And not a cuss word 'cause its Monday’
he's a bubble bath and candles
Baby come and kiss me
he's a one glass of coke
And he's feeling kinda frisky

he's the giver I wish I could be
And the stealer of the covers
he's a picture in my wallet
Of my unborn children's father
he's the hand that I'm holding
When I'm on my knees and praying
he's the answer to my prayer
And he's the song that I'm playing

he's the voice I love to hear
Someday when I'm ninety
he's that wooden rocking chair
I want rocking right beside me
Everyday that passes
I only love him more
Yeah, he's the one
That I'd lay down my own life for

And he's everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
he's everything to me
Yeah he's everything to me

Everything I ever wanted
And everything I need
he's everything to me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Justin that i said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Looks like you all had fun! As always when people are with yall! I love you!