layout

Friday, March 17, 2006

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

Well, let’s see……….Monday night was filled with TaeBo and Prissy. Two of which DO NOT go together. For some reason when I’m jumping around in my living room Prissy thinks this is solely for her entertainment, and that mommy MUST be playing a game with her. So she proceeds to attack my legs over and over and over again. It gets extremely old and it is just a matter of time before I donkey kick the poor thing…….I guess then she’ll learn!? Justin spent Monday night with his “little brother” Joey. They grabbed some grub and caught a movie. Joey lives soooo far away and Justin is always home so late when they hang out. But it’s for the good of the child I guess (sigh).

Tuesday was another great day at work and then I had lots to do to get everything ready for Kristen’s lingerie shower the next night. So after work I went to get carpet cleaner from Mr. Oreck, stopped by the tanning bed, went to the church to run, went grocery shopping (while I was still stinky might I add) and then went to Charlie and Rachel’s to pick up the steam cleaner. Whew! Oh but that was only the beginning. I then had to go home, clean like a mad woman, sweep mop, vacuum, decorate. But I got Justin to steam clean the carpet while I made the “panty shaped” sandwiches (I’ll elaborate later on that). We were so tired and were soo ready to hit the sack.

Then Wednesday came and it was shower day! After work Toby and Jen came over to help with the finishing touches and bring their respective supplies.



We got the cutest cake from The Cake Shop, it looked a lot like my friend Tara’s at her bachelorette party but this one was PINK! So our theme was “A Panty Party” and we of course took it to the extreme! I made little streamers of thongs strung together with pretty little ribbons and hung them like banners………haha, they were sooo cute! And then we had all kinds of good food, and all showers have their little finger sandwiches right, well I figured we should make them themeable also. So I slaved away at cutting each of them in the shape of underwear. So when the girls at the shower asked, “did you cut those by hand or did you have some kind of a cutter?” I could amaze them by proclaiming I did them all by hand (which I did) or amaze them by somehow finding a “panty shaped” cutter (who sells those?) haha.
And all the guests, instead of attaching a card to their gifts instead attached a pair of panties to their presents and Kristen had to guess who each of them was from…….she got them ALL wrong! Everything turned out fabulously.

Last night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.




Oh my gosh I laughed so hard and I can’t even remember what for. My table was branded the LOUD table for sure…….oh well, it’s a curse I live with.

I got to play with little Jackson and brainwash him into thinking my name was “pretty”………I’m desperate here! Hah. After the dinner the boys came back to our house for the bachelor party, which I, of course was banned from. They sounded like they were having fun though. Justin didn’t come to bed till 4am! And Matt got to spend his last night as a single man in our guest bedroom (tear). I’m excited and can wait for work to be over today so I can go celebrate with them.

So today is the big wedding. It’s going to be so sweet I know. Me and Matt talked a little last night about their love story and how he pined away for Kristen for years after high school. No girl was ever good enough, and no one would EVER measure up to her in his heart or mind. So he let her go and like they say……..true love always comes back. I’m so glad for him. He is just complete now, God blessed his patience I guess. It really is like a fairytale.

Sidenote: I got Prissy a new shirt that says “Kiss me I’m Irish!” with bling and all, but Kristen won’t let her wear it to the wedding……..she almost freaked when I told her Prissy was coming, hahahhaah! But she WILL wear it!

Happy St. Patrick’s day friends…..and Happy bday Brent!

p.s. I'm soooo excited my little Audge and Kerrie are coming to spend the WHOLE weekdend with me, hip hip hooray!

No comments: