layout

Monday, March 13, 2006

There's no place like home

Oh my goodness, this weekend was fabulous! I missed everyone sooo much. So let’s re-cap so I can re-live all those wonderful memories again.

Okay so Friday Justin’s brother came in town from Memphis so Justin was dying to see him of course. So we rushed home from work, packed up the Solstice, and headed towards Bama. But we stopped along the way to eat at the Farmer’s Opry house in Chumuckla with Charlie, Rachel, Angie, Jackson, Bubba, and Jo. It was good to see all them and I know Justin was so excited about seeing Jon finally. Well, we couldn’t stay too long because we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us. So we said our goodbyes and headed north. Prissy was such a good girl on the ride up, she just slept in my lap. How sweet! We finally arrived at about 9:30ish. Mom and dad came out and saw the new car and then Jessica and all her friends got home and Sharry and Josh came by to say hey. We just kinda relaxed and talked for a while, well except for Justin and Josh. They spent the night laughing histerically at “Chuck Norris facts”, which is Justin’s new favorite website (chucknorrisfacts.com). The website really is the stupidest thing but I will admit after reading a few of them I was laughing pretty hard also. Well, we wrapped up the night and hit the sack. P.S. Justin is soooooo sick. He got a little better and then way worse.

So the next morning Jess and I woke up and got ready to go shopping! I let Justin sleep in cause he just wasn’t feeling well at all, plus the boy does not like to shop. So little sis and I hit up the stores and got us some new bathing suits for spring break (like I have a spring break??) and some cute little hobo necklaces. We stopped and ate a great lunch at O’Charleys and then spotted some kids from the high school putting on a car wash. Turns out it was the kids in the Mu Alpha Theta (Math honor society) which I was a proud member of in high school (how much of a dork does that make me sound like?). Anyway, I remember doing those dang car washes for Softball, Cheerleading, basketball, FCA, Mu Alpha Theta……..and the list goes on. We were some car washin’ fools. Needless to say I felt their pain so I let them wash the new car…..it really needed it. And I tried to give them a good chunk of change. After two minutes they proclaimed they were finished with my car, I was surprised but jumped in and drove off. It didn’t take long to remind me that these were high school students and not professional car washers….haha. All those water spots showed up on the black paint……it looked worse than when I took it over there………hahahaha. But I didn’t really stop for the car wash ya know, but to support the children. So, I got over it and had Justin squeegee the windows. Well, Jess and I finally got back home where Justin was still just laying there with his sick self. But I got him up and we hurried to get ready for Brian’s wedding. We rode up to the B’ham, it was on Samford university campus, which I love because it is stinkin gorgeous up there. It was seriously the CUTEST wedding. Brian was just giddy and his “future” wife looked fabulous, just beautiful. After the bride was given away the whole congregation got to stand up and sing “How Great is Our God”………..Praise the Lord, that is mine and Justin’s FAVORITE song of the moment. It’s a great great great song! Then they had a singer, his name was Jerrell Horton (I think that is what he said it was anyway) and he was quite possibly the BEST singer of all times. The man could blow! Oh gosh, his voice was amazing. It was just the sweetest wedding. And I got to see Kefus, whom I love with all my little heart. He just smiles so big when I see him, I like it. I also got to sit by Tiffany and talk to her and her friend Holly for a while before the wedding started. It was fun. It was kind of a big class reunion. It was so fun, and for the first time in a long time, it made me miss high school a little bit. Aw.
Well, then Jus and I were off to see Brandy, Jeff, Tyler, Cole, Cory and Tatum at the ball field. Tyler had a baseball game up in B’ham so we decided to stop in and visit with them for a while. We got to see Tyler play some ball and then we all went to McDonald’s to eat. Justin and Jeff rode there in the Solstice with the top down, no doubt they thought they were lady-magnets……….but that’s okay because what guy wouldn’t want two girls in an SUV filled with 4 kids and bumper stickers which each of their names on the back! Hahah. Well, we had a good time visiting and then Justin and I headed back to P’ville to visit the rest of the family. After we got back to mom and dad’s house KC, Stephanie, Megan, Chase, and little Brodie came over. Yay. I got to meet him for the first time and he is seriously sooo cute.

He is the littlest baby of all times! I just wanted to squeeze him, but I decided against that. I got to feed him and play with him for as long as I wanted. I just love him. Although it was nice to pass him off to his mommy and daddy when the diaper got a little poopy! Haha. I just love that little Brodie C! Then KC, Megan and I took a ride in the car with the top down. Megan was thoroughly impressed and wanted to do it over and over again. She proclaimed that she had $85 saved up and she was gonna buy a “mustang” like mine…………haha, any convertible is a “mustang” to her! Funny stuff. Of course after she came in talking about it, Chase wanted to ride in it too. He is so stinkin cute, he just kept coming up to me and telling me how much fun he had……….soo so so cute. He Loves prissy! A little too much, he kept chasing her and squeezing her and all the things little kids who love dogs do……..and she was running for her life! The night was getting late and Kc and them were packing up to go home when Sharry and Josh stopped by for a minute. Sharry refuses to try on her wedding dress for me…….she said it looks dumb without the slip, dangit, I really wanted to see it! Well, Sunday morning Jus and I woke up at like 8:30 thinking we would have plenty of time to get ready and make it to the 11 service with my fam. Oh but when I walked up stairs everyone was already dressed and ready to go, which was strange. Mom then informed me that they now go to the contemporary service at 9:30……..crap. So Justin and I hurried to get ready and made it to church a little late, but we made it none the less. Brandy and her clan were there, which I was sooo happy to see! And I finally got to see Tatum crawl and she can stand up right in the middle of the floor, she’s going to be running in no time! We went to eat at Longhorn afterwards where we ran into Mrs. Wurtz! Yay. I haven’t seen her in forever. On the way home we let my mom and dad take the Solstice for a ride with the top down. We were only 15 minutes away from home but it somehow took maw and paw over 30 minutes to get home…..???? haha, they went for a joy ride. Well, after they got back Justin and I jumped in and rode up to Applebee’s to see Keith, TuTu and her new husband. Oh my gosh, I haven’t seen that girl in FOREVER, she is still same old crazy Tootles. I love her. I love being with her and Keith because I laugh so hard it hurts………oh and Tutu’s husband has to be the cutest sweetest man alive, he’s from Africa, so I felt comfortable being that Ruco’s African influence has been around for so long now. Haha. Justin liked those rascals a lot. He was laughing at them and their crazy stories. Him and Keith went for a ride in the car while Tootles and I hung out in the parking lot (that’s what cool kids do in case you didn’t know). It just felt like home again. I loved it. We soon headed back home and took a short nap before our long drive back. We sat around and talked a little longer but then we had to be off. Prissy was sad to say goodbye to Grannie and Papa but, she had to do it. Haha. We made it home and watched the season finale of “The Flavor of Love” and we were so excited that Hoopz won! Yeah, what’s up New York! Justin picked her from the beginning. I still want Goldie to come up in there and represent. We are definitely tuning into the “Reunion special” next week! Yayyy.

Okay so I am back at work now and the next thing on my mind is Kristen’s lingerie shower on Wednesday. I think we have everything planned out and all the RSVP’s so it’s going to be fun I know. Tonight is workout, workout, workout! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

No comments: