layout

Monday, October 10, 2005

life's a beach



This weekend was so much fun. And even more important, relaxing! Polly rented the most amazing beach house for us to stay in…..it was the tallest one for miles! And once you got up to the twentieth floor the view was amazing. No really, it was such a gorgeous house, ten foot ceilings on every floor, beachly decorated rooms, and a private pool in the back. Not to mention, THE BEACH! (my favorite place) Thursday after work Jus and I drove down to Grayton beach to meet up with everyone. We got there pretty late so we just visited with everyone and went to bed. We awoke Friday morning to Jon and Jackson bursting into our room in song (not surprising due to the fact that Jon is ALWAYS in song, even more than me people)


Jackson is so stinkin cute. He is one and a half and he has a plethora of talents. He can sing 'if you’re happy and you know it' (clapping, stopping and amen-ing all on queue), he can do the hokey pokey (now putting his head in and out and shaking it all about is his favorite), he can quote the backpack on ‘Dora the Explorer…….”yum yum yum Delissioso!”, he can give the best kisses, and he can point out his “eyes, nose, mouse”. Hahhah! Basically the entire weekend was Jackson filled. And even though you wouldn’t think we could cram anymore in his little head we managed to teach him to march (following the leader) and sword fight. I’d say, we accomplished much! Angie, Jo, and I then hit up the outlet malls where Banana Republic and JCrew sucked me in. But I did get my awesome new pink long length jacket for more than half off…….it is really really great! The boys golfed during our shopping excursion where I am sure they had an ubber fun time. Jon and Justin basically love each other so much. They are so goofy and laugh at everything the other one says. But sometimes their little productions are not all good……take for instance Justin’s hair experiment. Well, it is a known fact that Justin has the thickest, straightest hair known to man. You can’t do ANYTHING with it. So Jon set out to disprove that fact. He had Justin turn his head upside down and blow dried it, so that when he stood straight up it reached to the heavens! We made justin pray for the rest of the weekend because we figured he was now literally the closest to God. It was the most ridiculous thing you have ever seen………..turns out Justin has a pretty big forehead. I hated it, I mean it was funny and all but after a full hour of my significant other looking like Kid from Kid and Play, I was over it. I spent the rest of the night begging him to stick his head under a faucet……which he refused to do, fast forward twenty four hours…………his hair was still gooberfied! Until I encouraged him to jump in the pool with me, knowing that this simple act would deflat the blob that resided where his hair used to. Yayy! It worked! Other than that trauma, the rest is pretty relaxing.

Saturday was the most perfect beach day ever. It was warm because the sun was shining but there was a constant breeze that kept you from sweating. The water was surprisingly warm (the ocean is never warm enough for me) so I got in, and we swam out to the sand bar. I had fun playing in the water……I don’t do that so often anymore. Jackson is basically a fish……he loved the water, never wanted to get out. This was his first time at the beach, he gave two thumbs up. After we all splished and splashed we drug our way up to the shore where our towels awaited and took a nap in the sand. It ranked as close to a perfect day as you get! I remember thinking, "We are not promised tomorrow, and if today is all I get, I'm cool with it, it was a good day." Then we headed back to the house and got ready to go to a great restaurant for dinner Pandora's (some of the best crab legs I have ever had!) Then it was time for Justin and I to head back home. We had 8am Sunday School to teach the next morning. I wish we could have stayed, it was paradise. But I will admit I was glad to get back home to my Prissy Pot…….I missed her so! She is my little buttercup. She was so excited to see us. I also found out while we were gone that poor little Spencer had been sick…..did he miss us that much?? He is such a sweetie!

So Sunday school went well, Matt McGeeHee sat in with us, I think he is gonna help teach now. That will be so awesome! The best part of the service this Sunday was when Leo Day (the music minister) tried to get the “all-white” choir to clap and sway during the last song. I don’t think anyone in the whole congregation sang a word for the overwhelming laughter that filled the room. Leo, you need to understand……clap OR sway, we can’t do both!!! Most of the laughter was due to the toupee section in the very front of the choir………man they were WAY off! Hahah, and smiling all the while! We rode to Charlie and Rachel’s new house and had lunch with them, Jon, Angie, and Jack. Where Justin, Jon and Charlie decided to go on the road with their singing trio. We ended up conking out and staying for dinner too.

We got a new TV!! Yay! Finally. But sadly it won’t be delivered in time to watch Laguna on it tonight, but maybe by next week! So tonight is Laguna with Jo!! Our first of many Laguna nights……….if only the season lasted longer……..

I would like to end this blog by giving props to Jesus and a certain friend named Torrence. We were just reminiscing about me and Justin and how much I love him and we are just a perfect match. And we realized that we were only together because of Tori’s self-sacrificing ways. It seems that before Justin and I met, Justin mentioned to Jill that he wanted one of her friends to go on a blind date with him, “what about that Tori girl I met with you that one time Jill?? She was cute”. But when Jill approached Tori she proclaimed her infatuation with a certain other male and that she refused to go. This is where I come in……..I ended up going (not as a date, strictly friends) and we fell in love! It’s all because Torrence wouldn’t go! Well, it turns out this object of tori’s interest was a complete waste. And she went through a lot of heartache due to this relationship………why?? For what?? We have decided that it was a total ‘God thing’. The only reason she ever met ‘what’s his name’ was for my benefit and my benefit only!! Man God really does love me! Hahah. I must say tori…….it was well worth the pain! Plus now she has the most greatest fiancĂ© ever! So you guys just remember, when you think you are going through this horrible time for nothing……..there is probably someone out there who is benefiting!! So smile! God really does use the good for bad! He works in very mysterious ways and although we can't see what he is doing in that moment, this is where we must be faith-driven, and know that he loves us and will take care of us!

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

hahah! So true, I would go through it all again, just for the new years eve parties with you and justin in the southgate ballroom, helping you set up valentine dates in the southgate upstairs cafeteria, SCRAPBOOKING, screaming hysterically (and jumping up and down with crying action) when I found out you were engaged, and letting justin grab my booty just to hear me scream and run around the room! haah! I went through all the crap with Chase for all those fun memories with you and justin...well worth it I must say!
i love you both and am glad that my pain caused you both so much happiness!!!

The Leys said...

HAAAAAAAAA That picture of "Harleys Baptism" was pretty much the funniest! HA! Please notice Heather's white collar.