layout

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oh Baby Baby

Bowling night was fun. Matt and Kristen missed out for the first time in forever, due to the fact that Kristen is moving into her new house and they had lots of work to do. But Kurt and Toby blessed us with their presence and it was fun. I beat the boys the last game……something strange is going on!

Tomorrow we are leaving after work to go to Grayton Beach for Justin’s family reunion. It seems that Polly (AKA: Auntie Shauntie) put a lot of work into it so that it would be oh-so-fun. She rented a huge beach house and we are all staying there for a couple nights. It will be so wonderful to relax in the sun for a while…….I can’t wait! One bad note on the situation is that Prissy was banned from the festivities. I’ve never gone anywhere without her……..I hope I do okay. So Grandmama (AKA: Rachel) is gonna baby-sit her for me. I know she will have so much fun……..she loves Grandmama and Paw Paw Pudge. I just hope she doesn’t do anything to mess up their new house. Please don’t chew carpet Prissy, please don’t chew carpet! Ha-ha! She is such a good girl, I am sure she will be on her best behavior. I’m gonna put her in her best outfit!

Tonite is church with our little kiddies, well they aren’t exactly little. Hopefully we will get something done this week rather than random conversation. But on a completely different topic, my birthday is in two weeks………yay! I’m excited. I am trying to convince Justin to rent one of those really big blow up things with the oversized boxing gloves and jousting sticks and inviting all our friends and youth kids over to have a battle royale!! How fun does that sound…..seriously?? Anyway, I think I/We are getting a new flat panel TV for my birthday. Either that or a new computer, I will keep you in suspense for now.

Jon and Angie are coming in town tonight and staying at our house. And that can only mean one thing……JACKSON! I hear he can talk a lot now, I am so excited to hear all his new words but it will be so late when they get here that I am sure he will be out like a light. I have really been obsessed with babies a lot lately, I really want one, but I want more for Justin and I to have time by ourselves for a while. I realize that once you have a child, you can never go back. There is no more time for just the two of you, so for now I want to bask in that ‘alone’ time. There is still so much we want to do together before we bring another life into the picture. I hope that God blesses me with the ability to have children when the day comes that we are ready. They really are the best thing since sliced bread. I love em! But for now I am content with my darling Prissy and our step child Spencer (I love you Spencer!)

“People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of heaven like a little child will never enter it’” (Luke 18:15-17).

It seems that Jesus loved little babies as much as I do!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Go for the TV for your birthday present!!! We can watch Laguna on a flat screen!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Good idea JO, I'll see what i can do!

Heather said...

Christi,
You are too sweet! :) I just started writing on one topic and that's where it led so it stuck. I wasn't really aiming at anyone inparticular, a few people have questioned my religion. I know where I stand and I thank you for being a such a good friend. I hope you have fun at your reunion! My reunions are always us just sitting around at someones house, the beach sounds like it'll be awesome! Love you!