layout

Friday, October 21, 2005

What comes before Part B...........PART A!



I love birthdays. Mainly because I get to use the phrase, “But it’s my birthday” over and over, to persuade any and everyone to do what I want. Fun fun! So the events of my birthday are as follows: The partay started Wednesday night when Tori and Jo and I went to O’Charley’s for the coveted “birthday dinner” (yes it was changed from Lambert’s sadly but, hey, we had tons of fun) Then we headed to my house for a girl’s slumber party, just like old times in Polos on Park…….Jill and Danielle, we missed you. After getting home we decided to go rent a movie and run to the grocery store for a few things. Prissy wanted to go so badly and we don’t deny Prissy anything soooooo she hopped in the car with us and we were off! Now, I must preface the next events with the fact that Prissy has been more places than most children…….she goes to the ball games, to Wal-Mart, to the nail place, to basically everywhere her mama goes and well frankly, everyone loves her! But this is not what occurred this night. I think we were the victims of a Yorkie hate crime. We entered “Movie Gallery” minding our own business, and BAM, out of nowhere this phsyco worker girl comes running at us with quite a ferver yelling that Prissy is apparently against store policy and state regulations (since when does the state regulate dogs in movie places??) Anyway, so we decided that if Movie Gallery is against Prissy’s, then we are against Movie Gallery’s! Blockbuster never gave Prissy any hassle….I guess some movie places are over the olden days when dogs and movies were segregated. (PTL) So, while laughing histerically we made our way to Winn-Dixie where Tori begs us to try to bring Prissy inside (just so we can get kicked out again), but I just don’t think her little heart could have handled two rejections in one night. So we instead made Jo sit in the car while we did our shopping, sorry Jo. All we ended up getting was paper towels and a surprise for Justin, but we did learn in the checkout line that Nick is giving Jessica the silent treatment (bullcrap) and Katie and Tom’s child is a testtube baby. All things that we desperately needed to know. So then we headed back (movieless) to Justin awaiting at home for his movie, oops! So we instead found iRobot on HBO, all was well in the Tyner household.
For my birthday Justin and I both took off. This is such a special gesture to me because anyone who knows my husband, knows that he is addicted to work. Well, he just has a really good work ethic. Needless to say, he doesn’t take days off, especially just to play. But this was HIS idea! In fact, he MADE me take off………maybe this will become a pattern. Anyway, I awoke my birthday morning to Tori sticking her head in my room with a “Happy Birthday, Birthday girl………..can I have some toothpaste??” Haha! She had to leave for work while Jo, Jus, and I slept in. Eventually Prissy and I couldn’t take it so we bursted in Jo’s room and licked her on the face a million times (I did the bursting, Prissy did the licking, we’re a good team like that). Anyway, we went back to bed and laid around until like 11, Jo went to her new job and we got ready for the day. First we took Prissy to the groomer to get her hair did for the Shirley family shrimp boil this weekend, she looks fabulous. Then Jus and I headed to the mall and just played the whole day, not really doing anything (what fun!). We went to play with all the puppies at the pet store and then set off to pick out a pumpkin.
We decided that every year on my birthday we are gonna carve a pumpkin to put on our porch for Halloween. I like starting traditions. Jus and I decided that in order to be a good pumpkin carver/person who gets all the crap out of the inside, you have to be relentless, which we are willing to do for the sake of decoration. We also decided that our pumpkin face will not be a prefabricated template used by hundreds all over the world but instead would be a masterpiece only created by the two of us every Halloween. But, since we only know how to draw one face, this might change next year, haha! So then we got all dressed up and ready and went to BoneFish Grill. I love that place…..may I suggest the Bang Bang Shrimp……mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! It was romantic and fun and the rest is history! Thank you to everyone who made my birthday oh so fun. I love you all.

Tonight we head to Bama for another great weekend with my fam and to see Jimmy.......we miss you James Honeycutt! I'll fill you in on the details of the oh so eventful Shrimp Boil!

1 comment:

Jo said...

What??? I thought it was you attacking my face first thing in the morning! Hey I wonder if you can take Prissy into a movie gallery while you're in Bama... it might not be against state regulations there!!! Love ya birthday girl!