layout

Monday, October 17, 2005

Reunited and it feels so good

So Friday night I drove through the dusk to Tallahassee, Florida to see none other than THE Audrey K Johnson. I seriously seriously love her so much. Our birthdays are three days apart so we MUST celebrate celebrity style together. And when I say celebrity style I mean it, it seems that my little Audge Podge has become glamorfied! Yes for all of you skeptics out there, this is the same Audrey who refused to wear heels or a halter……..but now, you should see her. She let me doll her all up for her birthday dinner. I mean, she let me do everything, the voluminous hair, the glamorous make-up, the cute halter top, and THE HEELS! She was soooo hot! She just seemed to have such an adventurous spirit that I had never seen in her before. It was the most fun we have ever had together in all our years/couple months we had as roommates. So here’s what we did. I got there late Friday and met up with her and some friends at CiCi’s. Then we all headed off to hang at the BCM for a while. Then we left because I was starving and Audge and Ericka watched me eat Wendy’s. Oh yeah and I can’t forget my little Priss Pot who joined us in all our excursions. She loved the BCM……she spent the whole night sliding across all those tile floors, hhaha.
We woke up Saturday morning and went to get Audrey’s hair did. Then we went shopping a bit at the mall, where Audrey and the old couple behind us in line forced me to eat Chicken at Chik-fil-a (which I am boycotting due to the Chicken flu in Romania that has killed thousands). It only takes one idiot to bring one diseased chicken into the US to make one chicken sandwich for me to eat and die a horrible death. So if I do die from that chicken sandwich, Audrey (and those old people for that matter) are required to stand up at my funeral and take all the blame while people boo and throw paper at them. So after that battle we went to get my nails did, where Audrey and I decided to start a new fad…….flower nail art just on the nail of your ring fingers. They are quite adorable and I watched the lady do it so I think I could totally provide this service to all my friends…..if you’re interested! Haah! We went home to relax and maybe nap but ended up watching ‘Sweet Home Alabama’, Audrey requested that one, no doubt to make me feel more at home! Then we got ready for the big birthday bash which was soooo fun. I got to see people I thought I would never see again. I really did have the best time and I hope Audrey lives happily ever after right beside me in pcola florida………I think we can convince him to move to Pcola huh Audge?? hhahaha!

So then I was back to Pensacola in order to make it for Sunday School the next morn. It was the hardest Sunday School ever. I really teared up afterwards. My kids are usually so great and attentive and full of insight but not this Sunday. They were yawning and playing and carrying on conversations. I was getting so frustrated. And I am beginning to realize that being the cool friendly Sunday school teacher doesn’t get you much respect. That is about to change I am afraid. I desire more than life for these kids to relate to me, and to make them enjoy Sunday school and I want to be able to mentor them and give them all the insight God has given me but yesterday was so discouraging. I know that I cannot and will not let Satan use my hurt feelings and frustrations to stop me from doing God’s good and glorious work. I couldn’t ever abandon my kiddies. I really do love them and want to help them be all they can in Christ but I have to remember that they are 10th graders and they don’t understand the importance and priviledge they have in a church and a Sunday school. I didn’t have a clear and passionate vision of my place in God’s kingdom when I was in tenth grade. So I have to understand their place in life right now and be whatever Godly influence I can. But I will admit that my heart does still break sometimes, but Paul says that is totally a good thing, right? I know that I have to love them right where they are, just like someone did for me when I was their age, just like Christ does for me right now. I really do love them and I plan on continuing to do so.

I missed Justin so much while I was gone…..it was only one day but for some reason I just missed that boy more than usual! I was sooo happy to come home to him Saturday night. Even though all we did was sleep.
Well another good outcome of the weekend………Jo’s home! Yay. She and Ash came over last night to hang out. We drove to the local Village Inn and chilled for a while. Then went back to my house to talk about planning a ‘spa experience’ at my house for all the little chickadees here in pcola. If you wanna come it is on Thursday, Nov. 3, at 7pm. Some of you will be getting invitations but if anyone wants to go just let me know so I can plan how many are coming! It’s gonna be so relaxing to be pampered……and don’t worry the boys have already been run out of the house that night, no men allowed! Jo, I can’t wait to have another ‘Hand Experience’ can you???? Hahahha!

So tonite is Laguna Beach with Jo and Ash, and maybe Tor I haven’t asked her yet. So Tor if you’re reading this, wanna come?? Haha, I’ll talk to you at lunch.

Currently thanks to my new i(love this thing)Pod, I am listening to Ginny Owens and I would like to share:

Be thou my vision
Oh lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me
Save that thou are
Thou my best thought
By day or by night
Waking or sleeping
Thy presence - my light

Riches I heed not
Nor man's empty praise
Thou my inheritance now and always
Thou and thou always first in my heart
High king of heaven my treasure thou art

No comments: