layout

Monday, October 24, 2005

So I am basically a grandma

You know that old lady who lives with 20 cats, or takes glamour shots of her toy poodle?? Well, I am borderline, THAT lady. I love my Prissy Priss. What can I say, I just really do. All these years my brothers and sisters (me included) have laughed and snickered at my grandmother’s obsession with her dogs, and I must say that I am now the butt of these jokes (I know I deserve it). And the thing is that I couldn’t care less…….because I love her so much and I want everyone to know. How could you not?? Just imagine, this cute little furball that depends on you for her very life, when you come home everyday she is so excited that she shakes uncontrollably (any bad day melts away into a smile), and when you lay down on the couch for a good movie, she comes and curls up right next to you……..how cute. So label me all you want, I have no denial or regret…….I AM THAT LADY! Maybe when I have a kid it will all subside……we’ll see!

Anyway, this weekend we went to Bama for the family ‘Shrimp Boil’. It was quite eventful. We enjoyed good food and family and man, all the kids. Justin spent the entire day in the front yard either tossing the football with my nephews (all under 9) or on the ground wrestling one of them. At one point he and Jeff (my bro-in-law) had like ten of those rugrats chasing me with intent to kill…….I was afraid for my life, really. Luckily I ducked inside the house before they could catch me (those short legs aren’t too fast). We didn’t get to spend too much time with Josh (Sharry’s bf) because he was doing his fireman duties all weekend (seems they stay there for days at a time) but he did get to come to the Shrimp Boil, where he seems to mesh right in with the rest of the goofballs. It’s crazy how quickly we’ve sucked him in…haha……I mean, he’s decided to join in! He reminds me of Justin in a lot of ways, he’s one of those guys that you like more and more everytime you hang out with them……….luckily he doesn’t possess the qualities in Justin that drive Sharry CRAZY, they seriously fight like brother and sister. We can’t play a game of Uno or Putt-Putt without them wanting to punch each other. Hahha, it’s quite hilarious for us innocent by-standers.

We got to hang out with Jimmy for the first time in forever this weekend. He makes me smile! He has this little kid ora about him. He just smiles so big when he thinks something is funny, and does the funniest bowling dances/air punches. I hope he finds the most incredible girl one day! We got to go to LongHorn and then, of course, bowling! We had the most fun, specifically because Sharry introduced us to this amazing game that we are all addicted to now…….it’s called 20 questions and it comes in the form of a little ball. You think of any object and then the ball asks you 20 questions and at the end, it guesses what you are thinking……..it always works! It doesn’t sound so wonderful on paper but the first time you think of a duck-billed platypus and that little sucker guesses it……….you’re hooked! We played it all through dinner and the batteries went dead. I am going to Wal-Mart to get one TODAY!

HAHAHAHA, Justin and I got to teach the 5 year olds in Sunday School at my old church in Bama. 5 year olds are great! They obsess way too much over what color marker they get and why Johnny has a bigger gamepiece that they do but, they are still great. To teach these little minds you have to get on their level. You have to simplify everything. It’s cool to see God from this height. Jill talked in one of her last blogs about how we overcomplicate God, we try to make him like ourselves, overcomplicated and confusing. But he is not! I guess he knew we would inevitably do this to ourselves which is why he reminds us to have faith like a child. Which is easy to say but hard to understand until you actually see what a child’s faith is like. And the perfect word to describe it is ‘simple’. There are no “why’s” just “wow’s”. There are no “well, that just doesn’t make sense” or “it can't be that way because…..” no, it’s just “okay, God, I believe you.” It’s good to get down to nothing but you and God sometimes. So needless to say we had fun and the lesson ended with Justin making paper airplanes for all the kids……while I am trying to explain to their parents how this goes along with something we were learning (which it didn’t).

So I want to end this blog with things I am thinking:
I miss my family and I hate leaving
I love my life in Pcola
Justin is the MOST understanding, hard-headed, loving, bratty, wonderfully perfect man
Prissy rox my face off
Praise God I am not sick like everyone else in my office
iPod’s rule
Johnny Diaz is gonna be a star
I miss Jill and Audge
I’m glad Jo and I are friends now
I love Tori as hard as she loves me
I am coming to appreciate Ashley more than I think she will ever realize, I love her
I am going to steal Tatum Renee Harris from her mother and then erase this, so there is no proof
My bosses are fun!
I’m wearing my new pink jacket and I’m warm, and cute (if I may say so myself)
I wonder where we are going for lunch
God is good and blesses me too much for what I deserve
There is nothing good in me and people still love me

If you are reading this because you care one ioda about me and my life, I thank you for caring at all! And I am in the praying/ praising mood so I will pray God will shower you with an extra blessing today……..be looking for it. I may post again today, because I just feel like I have a lot of stuff to say about my Jesus……..I just can’t organize the thought right now. But I want to share this feeling with someone, anyone!

1 comment:

Mrs. J Manny said...

me me! share with me! and well grandma, I love you! and i miss you so stinkin much. I just wanna come home!!!!!!!!!!!