layout

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

16 weeks, 131 lbs.


Doctor's appointment yesterday went well. It was the first time they didn't do an ultrasound! Which was weird but made me feel strangely NORMAL...although I did miss seeing my sweet girl. Oh well, we'll see her definitely in two weeks when we go to our high risk doc for the BIG checkup (which really, every ultrasound there is a BIG checkup, that's why they last so long!). Dr. Mehta actually measured my belly for the first time....he didn't tell me how much it measured and I don't know how much I'm supposed to measure? He asked me when I thought I would start needing maternity clothes to which I replied...uhhhhh....He assured me that I could probably still fit my regular clothes for another 4 to 6 weeks and then, I would pop like a popcorn kernel. So I guess in short, Charleigh is still microwaving...

Okay, now here is the part of the blog where you get WAY too much information...so, I haven't had a BM in at least five days. I haven't felt uncomfortable or anything but I just know that this is not a good thing. So I asked the doc what to do (I'm already downing Metamucil) and he suggested I guzzle half a bottle of magnesium citrate...and then he prepared me for the worst. Everyone I talked to who had "experiences" with the stuff warned me as well...things were about to go down! Well, I got finished with my girl's bible study ( I didn't DARE drink it before then) and when I got home I suffered through the stuff. And then...two hours later...nothing. I finally got tired and went to bed, figuring I would be up later that night but...still, nothing. Even this morning...What the heck, the doc said it was a sure fire cure...So, I'll guzzle the other half and see what "happens" tonight. Maybe I just really don't have to go??

Symptoms: Sense of smell comes and goes, so strong one minute and completely normal the next, very strange. I really really think the nausea is subsiding a bit, I can't throw the pills away quite yet but still...I'm somewhat functioning! Doc said the pressure in my tailbone is because my uterus has shifted and is now pushing that direction...At least it doesn't feel like Charleigh is going to fall out anymore...haha. Do you other mother's think silly things like this? I feel like I am phsyco or something! My mom once told me that she dreamed my little sister was a dolphin and couldn't shake the feeling for days! I guess I get my craziness naturally, huh?

I cannot WAIT for this weekend. I am going up Thursday night after school to Bama, spending the whole day Friday with my mom shopping at all the cute baby places in Bham and then family and Easter time on Sunday :) It's the first time I've seen everyone since I've been pregnant! I wish I had a little more to show for it but...whatev.

I've prepared a tiny little Easter basket for Charleigh...I know she is unborn but still, if I eat the chocolate bunny, technically SHE eats the chocolate bunny right!? Plus, Whitney and I found the cutest little baby plaque that says "Little Miracle" on it...she is my little miracle for sure so I bought it to go in her basket!

3 comments:

Emily Ley said...

Ooooooh what a sweet name!!! And you look so good! I cant wait to see photos of you all "popped"!!!!! I'm thinking about you guys all the time and am so incredibly happy for you. I love little charleigh/miracle already!

Kristen said...

WOO HOO FOR 16 WEEKS!!!!

Ok, so here's my piece of advice. Appearantly, being pregnant already messes up your #2 issues and on top of that the calcium in the prenatal vitamins makes it worse. I had to take 3 calcium pills per day plus what was in my prenatal vitamin (because of the blood thinners) anyway so I also had issues and they told me to take a stool softener daily. So, maybe thats something you could try.

Also, I need to see some more weight gainage!! You need to start waddeling ASAP :)

Audge said...

Charleigh Lynnee.. sounds lovely!
It's really unique. ;)
Wow, your little belly is getting bigger!! How exciting. All of your other belly pictures I thought- "what the heck, her belly is smaller than mine and I don't even have a baby in there!!" Ha ha..
Well.. you are loved and being prayed for by your friend audge in Japan. Tell Jus I said HEY!!- no for real, people forget to do it.. but really do it!
Love y'all!
Audrey
PS: I always wondered how you and kristi's blog backrounds are so cute!!- Now I found your secret! ;) YAY!