layout

Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER!

Well, Easter is just AWESOME! I have always loved Easter because of WHAT it means but I love it now even more, I love the colors and the decorations...the festivities...everything about it is happy and bright and just...great.

So, the "thumping" that I thought was Charleigh late last week, I am almost CERTAIN is her now. Now these aren't HUGE kicks or elbows or anything, just tiny little movements deep down. I think I have found a way to describe what she feels like right now...Have you ever exercised really hard and then sat down right afterwards (like to drive home from the gym or something?) and felt your legs twitch. I feel this little twitch deep down in my muscles every time I exercise. Just in my legs... but now, that little feeling is in my belly! Don't get me wrong, they are not twitches that you can see and you can barely feel them unless you are really still, but they ARE there! I notice her moving usually late at night before I am ready for bed. Usually after I go to the bathroom and empty my bladder (and colon if possible) and I sit down real still to watch a tv show or just relax on the couch...that's when she makes her presence known :) I love it and I know it will just get stronger and more frequent every day...

So, back to Easter. I left Thursday night, drove to Bama and collapsed in my parents' living room (I was SO tired from driving). On the way there I had a pregnancy FIRST! I stopped at Church's chicken on the way, I really wanted a honey butter biscuit, and I actually walked inside instead of going through the drive-through (doc said I had to walk every 2 hours or so to prevent blood clots). So the nice old man at the cash register took my order and then said to me..."So, you're having a baby?!" I looked around really quickly to make sure he was talking to me, then I looked at everything I had on my body to see if I MUST have had a sign of impending baby right? but, it was just me, in my regular jeans and a non-maternity top (but it had an empire waist so it could have looked maternity-ish) and after a few seconds of silence I just smiled real big and said, "YES!, but you are brave for asking!" So, that was my first STRANGER to notice that I was pregnant! Exciting! And I am glad to know that it doesn't just look like a fat belly! It looks like a baby :)

The next day my mom and I went to all the cool baby and maternity stores in the Birmingham area...I got my first pair of maternity pants and although I CAN wear my regular clothes...why would I do that! Maternity clothes are the BOMB! I had to pay good money at the Swanky Stork for my new mommy jeans but, they were seriously worth it! And they are darn cute too! I got some other maternity shirts and a cute little cotton dress that my belly will have to grow in to :) I kept myself from buying anything for Charleigh...aren't you all surprise and so proud of my will-power...I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff quite yet. Once I start, I'm afraid I'll never stop.

Saturday I went shopping AGAIN with Sharry in Montgomery so, no stone was un-turned. we had fun and then relaxed while dad cooked us burgers on the grill. He must have used extra blackening because I woke up with some serious heartburn that night, I just chugged milk until it calmed down. K.C. and his boys came over to introduce Prissy to her new cousin Yorkie named Bama. She absolutely HATED him! I knew she would, she thinks she is human and dogs are beneath her. (It's our fault for not doggie socializing her) She just snapped and growled at him the whole time, she even refused to look at him, she would turn her face the other way...haha. But Bama, didn't get the hint, he just kept trying to play with her, he was so cute and sweet, still such a puppy. I was hoping he would bite her back so she might get the hint! Don't worry, Prissy doesn't "really" bite, she just snarls and snaps...it didn't hurt little Bama.

Then came Sunday. We went to church with mom and dad and then hung out in their Sunday School class. They were sooo sweet, they just about made me cry hugging and loving us, they have been prayer warriors for our sweet baby girl and I am SO thankful for them. I can't wait to introduce Charleigh to them. Then, it was FAMILY time. Everyone came over to eat lunch and hunt easter eggs. I love watching those kids run like crazy around the yard so excited over each little egg. But really, they are all in search of the GOLDEN egg...which contains 5 bucks every year. I don't blame them, go for the money! My Aunt/Uncle and little neices made Charleigh a special cookie and gave me an adorable little charm bracelet! I've always loved gifts but, getting things for Charleigh are just so special to me :)

One of the most exciting things that happened was that my sis, Brandy, gave me TONS of Tatum's old clothes! We'll have to go through and see what is still good to wear and what not, but I'm talking TONS of clothes! One whole bag was pretty little smocked outfits...I'm so excited!

In light of Easter, I'd like to list some things that I am thankful for:
-my family, they are crazy and full of drama at times but, I always miss them when we leave. They've always been there and will always be.
-Good Friday, how could the one who lives to be my King, die to be my Savior. When I really think about what Jesus went through on the cross...not just the pain and physical torture but the mental torture too...people walking by and mocking him, saying, "If you are the son of God, save yourself"...I am so glad that I wasn't the one on the cross, because all of you would be doomed...I would have jumped off that cross and called thousands of angels just to PROVE myself to them. What humility to just KNOW that you have that power but not to use it...thank you Jesus for that. And then the spiritual torture. My God has promised NEVER to leave me or forsake me but in that moment, Jesus said, "My God My God, why have you forsaken me!?" I know that in that moment my God had to turn his back on Jesus, the one child of his that actually pleased him in everything he did...but it's because all of my unpleasing ways, that Jesus had to be forsaken in that moment. I know that was torture for him...I'm so sorry, but so thankful too.
-Easter, that he raised from the dead three days later!! Can you name any other "god" who claimed that they would rise from the dead? NO, because they KNEW that they wouldn't...but not my Jesus, he knew, and he claimed and HE DID! This is what makes him different. Buddha, Muhammad, Gahndi...when they are put in the ground, they stay there...my God is different, he is still alive! As much as I fear (even now) sending Charleigh out into this dark, evil world to fend for herself, I KNOW that my prayers for her will be answered, I know that if her father and I live our lives out in front of her completely passionate and on fire for Jesus, she will see something better, more intriging at home than anything this world could ever offer her. I am clinging to the fact that my God is ALIVE and will be active in her life. I pray for that even now.
-I'm thankful for my husband, who does love my Jesus so. But even beyond that, he is just a good man. He lets me win arguments, even when I don't deserve it...that makes me want to be more agreeable...he does the sweetest things, even when I am so very undeserving (I'm flat out mean these days, the hormones are RAGING). I am so thankful for him, I don't think I could ever let him know how much.
-and last, oh, I am so very thankful for my little Charleigh angel! I try so hard to praise God for her and to somehow explain to him how grateful I am and it's almost....pointless...there is no words I can use that would do it justice, I almost feel frustrated that I can't give him back the amount of praise he deserves for every great thing he has given me lately. I know I have to keep trying but...I just hope deep deep down that he sees it, my heart just cries for him to see it.

I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures so I am hoping to steal some from my sis soon and posting them on here!

No comments: