layout

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

17 weeks, 132 lbs.

My baby books say that this week was a week of rapid growth for Charleigh. It seems that it was a week of rapid growth for my belly too! I was so surprised that I had only gained one pound...it surely feels like more!

I can tell that my womb has started migrating out of the pelvis region and more up into the tummy area. Going to the bathroom has been cut in HALF! My bladder isn't squished anymore! I even slept through the night and didn't have to get up to pee! (now, I was hurting the next morning but still!) I even think my nightly back pain is better...about the same as it was before pregnancy. And the nausea, well, it's staying at bay pretty well too. Although I will be glad when I can finally throw that zofran prescription out the window for good...not that I'm impatient or anything :)

I am feeling Charleigh every day now...several times just today. Now that I'm sure it's her, I feel her more (I think I am just noticing her more to be honest). I can't believe she moves as much as she does...or that I feel it this soon. I wasn't expecting to feel her until 18-20 weeks...but I am SOOOO thankful she showed up early. I needed to feel her...she's kicking right now! (she knows I'm talking about her....paranoid, just like her mama!)

Update on the fetal doppler heartrate monitor: I took forever to decide which one I wanted to order, searched mommy site after mommy site to read reviews and what not...and finally bit the bullet and ordered the one with the best reviews. I shipped it to my mom's house (as I thought it would come during Easter weekend) and unfortunately, it came the day AFTER I left! ahhhhh! So, marms shipped it back to me and I should be getting it tomorrow! I'm so excited to use it. I just hope it works! Now that I can feel her I don't desperately need it like I thought I did before, now, I kinda know she is okay every time she wiggles ;)

I'm so excited that Susie's little baby Lucas will be joining us any day now! I can't wait to go see them in the hospital and see his sweet face for the first time! Jus and I saw a little 2 week old baby girl at my mom's church on Sunday and she was PRECIOUS, already had her pearl bracelet on and made us sooo excited to meet Charleigh one day! I just CANNOT wait.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the stomach picture. I'm so excited to see some progress in your growth, however, you're still too stinkin skinny....have a donut! I just makes me sick :) WOO HOO FOR 17 WEEKS!!!

Heather said...

Shoot! Your picture does not look like 132! Maternity clothes were always so nice and comfortable (that is until like the last month, then nothing's comfortable!), I'm still wearing maternity pants. I think I'm scared to try on my old pants. Anywho, I can't wait to see your little tummy as you get further and further along! It will be so cute!