layout

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

And just like that...the name happened!

So, I know today is our 16 week mark, but I REALLY did not have enough time this morning to take a belly picture or weigh myself...so, this post will be added tomorrow:)

In the mean time...we decided on a name! I would have never guessed that our daughter would have a name by the looks of things yesterday...as you can tell by my post. But, I went home and my husband decided to put an end to the madness. He is so special and it is so amazing to me how he can be so opinionated and strong willed, yet, eventually, he ALWAYS lets me have my way! I love him!
So, here is the story...

Before we knew the gender of our baby we were already busy thinking about baby names. I really like calling little girls by little boy names....like Charlie. It just so happens that Justin's middle name is Charles. I just fell in love with the thought of naming my little girl after her daddy. But, you can't really just name a little girl Charlie....you have to name her a girly name and like Charlotte or Charlene and just call her Charlie for short...right? But I don't like any of those "long" names for a girl....uhhhh. So, a few weeks passed and I was looking at baby name books and there it was...they had the name Charlie spelled "Charleigh"...very girly! We decided to take both our middle names and there you have it...our daughter....Charleigh Lynnee...I love her!

What excites me most is picturing my little pig-tailed girl who can't quite pronounce her r's yet, as someone asks her, "Hey little girl, what's your name?" And she responds, "Chaw-leigh". Aww, how cute! I can't wait to meet her. Speaking of which, Jus and I keep trying to picture how Charleigh will look? Jus thinks she will be blonde and curly headed like I was growing up, but I think she will have dark features like him...dark, thick, straight hair and brown eyes. So, what is the consensus? Should we prepare for a toe-head or a Suri look alike?

9 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

i LOVE it. charlie was in my top 5! Justin and I LOVED the "boyish" names a lot. im such a fan!!! NOW GET TO MONOGRAMMING!

Jo said...

Christi, I really like that name! I like how unique it is but yet has meaning to it! Congratulations on everything, I am very happy for you.

Heather said...

Ohhh yay! I love the name too! It is so special too, being that it is both your middle names! =) How cute!

Unknown said...

LOVE.IT!!

Unknown said...

You do know that my sister (Leigh) will think you're naming her after her since she will claim to be Justin's favorite cousin, right?!? :)

Corders said...

YEAH! I love the name! SO CUTE! And by the way I am thinking brown haired pigtails! Course I am just a fan!!!! :) Miss you!

Jon and Angie Tyner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon and Angie Tyner said...

Jack said, "Do you think they remember that PawPaw's name is Charlie too?" :)

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

I think she'll be a Suri look-alike. Can't wait to see her. :)