layout

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

15 weeks, 130.5 lbs

Well, well, well week 15 has already become a roller coaster. I've had several people notice my little "pooch"... of course they are the folks that already know I'm pregnant so, they are looking for it.

The last few days I’ve felt some weird pressure in my LOWER abdomen, I just figured that “this must be what it feels like to be pregnant”. Well, yesterday I seemed to notice it a bit more, especially when I stood up or sat down…for a split instant the pressure was so great that it would take my breath away. So, I called Dr. Maher’s office and his nurse assured me that it was probably round ligament pain. As the day went on I started doing some research and my symptoms could have been symptoms of an incompetent cervix, which means…my cervix is too weak to hold the baby in there and the weight of the baby is too much for it. This leads to miscarriage in the second trimester (because you give birth to the baby too soon). So….I began to worry, the pressure was just like women describe labor, the pressure they feel…in the same places (if you know what I mean) So, I called Dr.Mehta and they said they would squeeze me in. They did an exam which started like so:

Doc: “Wow”
Me: (in my head thinking) “What is he saying wow about? The baby must be coming out, he’s never seen anything like this before, why else would he say wow…this isn’t good”…(out loud) “What is the WOW about?”
Doc: “Oh sorry, the baby is fine but, you are carrying EXTREMELY low….like, lower than most women carry with their second or third pregnancies”
Me: “Is that bad?”
Doc: “No just very uncomfortable, and it’s going to get worse and worse, but there is no harm to the baby at all. The cervix looks perfect, it’s closed, hard, and long like it should be. That baby is not getting out any time soon. But you WILL be feeling uncomfortable FOREVER!”
Me: “I don’t care, well I do care, but as long as that baby is in there, it’s okay”

He went on to tell me that by 8 months I was going to want a tranquilizer, but that it COULD make for a quick delivery??? No promises on that. He also, let me know that he would be surprised if I didn’t pee 80 times a day as the child is resting directly on my bladder which is now the size of a baseball apparently and half of my colon…yay!

Anyway, Sorry if this is too much information.

So, all is well. Geez, what a scare.

2 comments:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Look at it this way. It was a tough road to stay pregnant. It is a tough road for your pregnancy. That means she will be a WONDERFUL newborn. You know, the kind that is laid back and sleeps! I will pray for that for you! i can't wait to hear what name she will have. PS - I knew would like Avery's boa!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL! YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL!!! Im soo happy for you guys!! Sorry I'm so late with the news!!! CONGRATULATIONS! And I must say, she is the cutest little thing even on her ultrasounds...so precious! YEA YEA YEA!!!! I love you Christi, so stinkin much, and am so thankful that Jesus is blessing the Tyners with a sweet baby girl!!! Im praying for you guys all the way in Uganda!