layout

Monday, April 06, 2009

My nameless child...

Oh the debate NEVER ends. I was the one who ALWAYS hated going to a baby shower where the mother hadn’t picked out a name yet…I mean what am I supposed to monogram on all that STUFF!?? Yet….I am afraid I may just BE that mommy…with a nameless child.

On another note, the extreme pressure I felt (down there) last week has now moved to my tailbone…it almost feels as if my tailbone is bruised or something…really weird. I’ve read that it could be due to misalignment of the back (which lord knows, I have) or instability of the tailbone…I did crack/bruise my tailbone during cheerleading in high school maybe now it’s unstable?? Who knows, I like to self-diagnose. Anyway, that kid likes to hang out down around that area and cause all kinds of havoc.

On a great note, we are getting a fetal Doppler heartrate monitor! Yay, it’s just that little contraption that the doc uses to hear the heartbeat…but the ones you can find at BabiesRus and places of the such do NOT work…so we are going for the high dollar sucker. We were just going to rent it, but it was cheaper to just buy the darn thing. I sure hope it works, all the reviews are super positive. I’ll let you know when we get it! I’m excited to ease my fears daily by hearing that little 160 beats a minute…something in the back of my mind keeps nagging…I just want to know that this time is…REAL.

I hate to even speak the words into the air but..I THINK the nausea may be getting better??!! The last couple of days I have been able to trim down to 1 or 2 nausea pills a day…It definitely still hits but before, if I went one hour overdue for my next dose, you knew it…now I can wait hours between them and preggie pop drops are enough to calm my queasiness! Yay. Although, I hope I don’t have to kick myself for saying that…a few nights ago I informed my husband that I was feeling quite well and was going to skip my nausea pill that night…before the words hit his ears purple vomit spewed from every orifice (I drank grape juice). Oops.

Tomorrow is our 16 week appointment with Dr. Mehta, they’ll do an ultrasound and take some bloodwork…I was just getting in the habit of NOT giving bloodwork. Boo.

So, I leave you with my latest CRAFTS!

I made this nap mat for my nephew Carter, he just started going to day care. It rolls up all nice and I appliqued his name on the outside (just in case any other kids had the exact same nap mat..ya know :) I also added a nifty elastic handle for ease of carrying.

Here is the mat all rolled out and ready to sleep on. I built in a pillow and attached a blanket (it's SOOO soft).
Here is a picture of the coordinating velcro straps that hold the thing closed while it's all rolled up.
Prissy wants to lay in it...but I didn't let her Carter...I promise!
I've also been wanting to make a crayon carrying roll for the longest...cute, yet practical. But I haven't found the time or reason until now. Our friends Kristen and Jeremy had a birthday party for their little boy Joshua and I just thought it would be perfect to try this craft out for him! I thought it was just too cute! I monogrammed his name on the Velcro closure (for girls I would just use a tied ribbon) and added a handle so he can carry it by himself!



I can't wait to make a girly version of both of these! But little baby Tyner won't be needing them for a LONG time :) I plan to add both of these crafts to my website, but I have to warn those of you nap mat lovers out there...they are expensive to make! The foam and particular fabrics you need to use are pricey, so don't be surprised if they are a bit high on the site as well...I'm trying but goodness, they cost me an arm and a leg over here! They are super cute and sooo worth it though!

5 comments:

Sonrise Babies Home said...

Christi-dont worry, your child should not remain nameless..haha! I think you should send me the list of names you are thinking of..I have been a fan of "Griffin" for a girl lately..I don't know. I finished that book we talked about "same kind of different as me" which I loved and cried my eyes out over..and I think his grand-daughter's name in the book was Griffin. :) I'm glad it seems the nausea really is getting a bit better (but not so glad to hear about the grape fruit juice story) YUCK! I miss you Christi, and am awaiting the days we can sew together and rock our babies together (assuming I ever get knocked up!) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Sonrise Babies Home said...

ahh, sorry, this is me Kristi..I am helping my friend Damali start a babies' home, and was making her a blog..I didnt realize I was still signed in! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the new crafts!!! SOOO cute!!!

Audge said...

your crafts are sooo cute!
And I love that song from fireproof i will wait. Sooo good!
Soon and very soon I'll see you and that little belly of yours!

Kristen said...

Thanks for the crayon roll! Joshua thinks it is so fun to take them out and put them back into the slots! I also heard the name you decided on and just wanted to taunt anyone who didn't know yet!! :)