layout

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Already we love you...


So, Valentine's Day started off grandly. Justin had been hyping up the fact that he planned to make me a homemade candlelight dinner all week...so, I felt the pressure. I knew I had to do something to impress (oh, and because I just wanted to right?). So, I got up and whipped up some heartshaped pancakes, cheese grits (he loves those) and chocolate covered strawberries.

Okay, so I stole the chocolate covered strawberries off of the "strawberry bouquet" Justin sent me at school the day before but...hey, I'm resourceful. I guess we really kind of celebrated Love day the night before as well, Justin sent my aforementioned bouquet to school, we made a palate on the floor and rented a movie and just snuggled (I can hear you all barfing now). So Valentine's morning was just picking up where we left off. So, I assume we were all romanced out by this time, so we, instead went car shopping for a car that actually has a back seat. We weren't really planning to buy anything that day but I did happen to fall in love with one that I met...Justin is still working his magic with the dealer so...let us pray :)

So, fast forward many many hours and it was already like 7:00...way too late for me (and miracle) to wait for Justin to whip up a romantic meal, although I am sure it would have been magnificent, but, mama's gotta eat! So we picked up Mom Wow and headed to Texas Roadhouse, I know, not the MOST romantic place but...I really wanted their sweet potato.

And this is where the HADES started. In the car, on the way home from Roadhouse, my fingertips on my right hand started going numb. I thought it was weird, and a little funny but wasn't too worried. Then the numbness started moving down my hand. Uh oh, something's wrong here...it wasn't long before I KNEW something was wrong when the right side of my face went numb too. Luckily, the numbness soon faded and I assumed it was just a fluke...then my head started hurting, and hurting, and HURTING...I'm pretty sure at some point it expolded. I had a migraine. But the thing is...I don't get migraines...and boy, am I glad I usually don't! I swear, if it weren't for the baby, I would have talked Justin into pulling the "virtual" plug. Oh the pain. And just to add to the fun, then started the uncontrollable vomitting...my stomach was sore for days afterward. So, after this cycle repeated itself a second time, Jus loaded me up at midnight and wisked me away to the ER. In the car, my hand went numb again and let's just say, I'm glad Justin grabbed the little garbage can out of the room before we left.

5 hours later, we were STILL sitting in the same seats in the ER and the nurse up front kept telling us "there is only one person ahead of you"....2 hours straight of hearing that phrase and I was done. I asked Justin just to take me home. The migraine faded and I was able to sleep through the nausea. The whole next day my head felt "whoosy". My high risk doc says it isn't common for a woman to develop such severe migraines during pregnancy, but, it does happen. He is prescribing me some serious migraine medicine for next time...oh, I pray there isn't a next time.

I'll post a 9 week update in a little bit, we have our next ultrasound on Friday...Start praying now that everything looks perfect and that little joker is jumping around in there!

4 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

car shopping is stressful. the car we wanted the most we definitely couldnt afford. but i still got a little suv that works for me and i love driving it! are you guys going the suv route? i really wanted an acadia or MDX, and then I realized i was unemployed and married to a minister =) haha. i hope you get one soon, i know its a headache. literally for you! glad you are better. I cant wait to hear about the appt. give Miracle kisses for me! KP is excited about her new friend!

Susana M Kepner said...

I am glad you are feeling better... Good luck car shopping! ;-)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Oh no! I feel your pain...literally. I have occasional migraines and mine are all hormone induced. Luckily, I didn't get any during pregnancy! They are horrible. I had a migraine come on all of a sudden one night and I was incapacitated. Wes took me to the ER and my blood pressure was OUTRAGEOUSLY high. DUH...that kinda pain will do it. The Dr was so concerned with it all, I ended up having a CT scan and a spinal tap. UGH! NOT FUN. At least now I know they are migraines. And, they suck. I don't wish them on anyone at all!!! On a happier note, I am looking forward to the update!

Audge said...

oh my goodness!! Christi, that is just awful.
I hope that never happens again to you!!!
awwwwww, im so sorry!
Love you so,
Audrey