layout

Friday, February 20, 2009

Future Ritalin Taker

Let me start this post by saying, I don't know which pronouns to use for my baby yet, he, she, him, her.....and I don't want to call him/her "it". So, I will officially interchange between them all. That may sound crazy but...

So, my nerves were getting high, my OB took my pulse and informed me that my heart was beating out of my chest and that I should probably breathe...oops, I thought I was being pretty calm. So, before the ultrasound Jus and I stopped to pray one last plea to Jesus for the health of our baby. And, well, I guess it worked! Right when they started the ultrasound the baby started wiggling like crazy. He even got his head into it....it really looked like he was dancing! At that time Justin declares "Holy Lord, look at her go" (yes, he often refers to our baby as a her without realizing it). So, he scrambled to get my phone to take a video and...just like a bratty little kid....she stopped moving. I promise she was just wiggling away before we started filming. You can even hear the doctor telling us our baby was showing early signs of hyperactivity (he was joking, but I didn't get it at first). He also let us know that most babies at this age sleep so much that it is hard to get them moving, but, fortunately, ours was quite active at the moment (maybe my pounding heart woke him up). So, this video was one of three where we didn't really manage to capture the moving but, toward the very end you can kind of see him wave his little arm.

(His/Her head is on the left, the left hand is on the top, and the legs are on the right (doc said they were indian style).



I've decided she looks like a little gummy bear right now with her short little stubby arms and legs:

Oh and, the baby DID measure 9 weeks and 3 days (I should be a doctor). So they moved our due date to Sept. 22nd! Heart rate was 170 bpm.

We go back to the high risk doc on Thursday....I'll probably be posting pictures of that one too :)

6 comments:

Audge said...

that is one cute little gummy bear!!!!!!!!!!!
im so happy for y'all!!
love you,
Audge

Anonymous said...

I love whichever he/she is. I think he/she looks like her pawpaw but sleeps like her Aunt Jo all over the place. GranMawMaw

James and Jo said...

I cry when I look at Gummy.... I love her so much!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

This little one is definitely going to have a fun personality like her mommy and daddy! I'm so excited...and love you guys a ton!

Mrs. J Manny said...

love it...

i love that you have a video!!!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you two. We thought Avery looked like a Teddy Graham at that stage! FYI...I am putting in an early guess of a GIRL!