layout

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Little 2 inch Human!

Another doctor's appointment down...I never thought ultrasounds could be so FUN. It's so weird, they were such a hated/dreaded thing to me just a few short months ago and NOW...I'm am on cloud nine till my next one. So, I've realized that the high risk doctor has a MAC DADDY of a machine compared to my regular doc. And I love it!

Here are the latest pictures of little Miracle, measuring in at 10 weeks and 4 days (that's two days ahead of schedule...what an overacheiver):
Hopefully you can see the head on the left the two little hands and the body below that. (you can't really see the legs in this picture).

This is the baby's face...kind of DOES look like a monkey huh? haha. It has all of it's features though (we just can't see them clearly yet) It's already formed it's eyes, ears, lips, even hair follicles on it's skin!

Then Miracle said HI to us...You can see the little fingers!

Looks like we might have a thumb sucker...

Okay so the next picture is kind of creepy. It looks like an alien child, but those two big dark spots are the two lobes of our baby's BRAIN! The face is below that (don't worry, we are not giving birth to a precious moments doll, or Darth Vader)

Oh and here is the craziest thing! My nurse told me that at 10 weeks, our baby's genitalia were already formed and in place (which, hello, I already knew!) but most ultrasound machines, and most ultrasound technicians can't tell this early if it will be a boy or a girl. She said we would definitely SEE the genitals but it's dangerous to assume what we will be having because at this stage...they ALL look like boys (apparently little girls are swollen to the point of resembling boy parts) So, here is the picture of our baby's bottom (and little frog legs)and his/her personal parts...Yep, looks like a boy, but...who knows! We go back in two weeks and she said she may be able to tell us for sure then! Can you believe it?? Finding out the sex at 12 weeks! That would be AWESOME...let's pray it all grows perfectly and we can see EVERYTHING! hahah

We also got some great video of our dancing baby, that won't open on my school computer so....I'll have to post it when I get home :)

We go on our Breckinridge vacation next week, so maybe a little less posting on my part but...a few days after we get back we see BOTH doctors...Thursday is Doctor Maher and then Friday is Dr. Mehta! Woo Hoo, more pictures!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! He/She looks like a wondeful, healthy, perfect little baby! I can't wait to watch him/her grow even bigger! Congratulations, I know it's exciting!!!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

This is soo incredible Christi! I love that you get all these ultrasound shots and videos! Looks like the high risk doctor has quite the set up, and it certainly works well for all of us waiting to hear the latest news, and see pics! I love it! I cant believe you might find out the sex in just a couple more weeks! I really hope we get to hear that soon!!!
Ok to answer your questions...
1. I like that plan very much. My husband, however, is not so enthusiastic. I tell all the little Ugandan ladies all the time that I want a baby, but my husband says "no." They think this is the most hilarious thing they have ever heard. Everyone has as many babies as possible there, and to a Ugandan man, the amount of babies he has equals his manhood. haha.
2. I don't think we will be able to come home, but who knows really...we will have to see about that one...I will be so sad to miss meeting Miracle when he/she is just a tiny thing. You will have to update this blog almost daily for stalkers like me.
3. do tell!
I love you Christi!!!! Perhaps I could see you tomorrow (sat.) sometime since you cant come to dinner tonight?!?

Heather said...

Ultra sounds are so neat! Especially when they start actually looking like a baby, like yours do now! I did not have an itchy belly until a couple weeks ago, I think when my stomach really started to stretch! But I have been scracthing (I can't help it!) and you might be right abou the spreading of the stretch marks thing because they always look worse after I scratch! I can't wait to find out what you're having...that's always so very exciting!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

How exciting! I must have gotten the "no personality" tech when I saw Dr Maher. She barely talked and still wouldn't call our gender at 18 weeks. I knew it was a girl...duh. haha!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Miracle is already SO beautiful!!! Can't wait to hear the gender :)