layout

Friday, February 13, 2009

I don't care...


So, we have to see the doctor every two weeks...actually we have to see TWO doctors, each once a month, which makes our doctor visits every two weeks. While this is ubber inconvenient, it does come with it's perks. #1 - we get to see our sweet baby growing at EVERY stage. #2 - I really can't go 2 weeks without KNOWING that everything is okay. #3 - They say, we'll get to know the sex of the baby much sooner than most. This last one, I am SO excited about!

So many people have asked us "what do you want to have?", especially since I work with students all day at school and again at church throughout the week. That is their main concern for sure. So, I've been thinking...

The prissy, girly monogrammer in me wants to have a little girl. Mainly so I can dress her up and make little bows and dresses for her. But also because it would be a big event to have a little girl among our current friends and family. ALL of our good friends that we hang out with have boys, more than one at that...so Justin has started leaning toward the girl side too. Plus, out of my 13 neices and nephews, the boys FAR outnumber the girls so it would be nice to even that up a bit. Also, on Justin's side of things there is only one grandbaby, Jackson...and he too is a boy. So, if you look at it that way, a girl would be a great addition. And secretly, I know that any daughter of mine would have her emotional, lovely daddy WARPPED around her little finger...and I'd like to watch that everyday :)

But, here lately, I've been thinking...honestly, after what we've been through. A little boy would be just amazing. I'm not trying to be picky at all here! (I'm actually okay with a monkey these days) When we went to visit our friends Ben and Sam in the hospital a few months back after they had their second little boy. I picked up that sweet baby (who was due one month after butterbean)and thought to myself..."Oh yeah, I'll take one of these"...you can't help but fall in love instantly. And to imagine if it were my very own...I'd be head over heels instantly I know :)
Another thought I've had about having a little boy is, preppiness! I LOVE little preppy boys dressed in their sweater vests and deck shoes...I mean come ON! Everyone says you want a boy for your first one, cause they are easier, as babies, as toddlers, and as teenagers. So, that would be welcome for sure. All the moms I've talked to with BOTH boys and girls have said there is something different when your little boy climbs in your lap and says, "Mommy, I just love you". Like a little man, so sweet.

So, my conclusion is.....I don't care! I really and truly don't care! There will be perks with either sex, and whatever we get this time...we will try for the other very shortly!

4 comments:

Big Mama said...

Good thing you're okay with a monkey. They sort of run in the family on Justin's side.

Audge said...

im hoping for a lil girl, and her name.. will .... be..
AUDREY!

he he, im sooooooooo happy for y'all. give jus a hug for me :)

Anonymous said...

OH babies are wonderful no matter what they are! I wanted a girl so bad when I was pregnant with Nathan. I cried the whole day after my ultrasound. I refused to pick out a name because I WAS NOT picking out a boy name. I am so thankful for him now. He is my sweetest, most loving, (growing up way too fast) angel! I am so greatful for my boys! I didn't care with Joshua either, I was just so overjoyed when they pulled out that screaming healthy baby and he was here and all mine. You will love which ever you get, a kind of love that I can't even explain!

On another note, you so do not weigh 126 because I know you would blow away with a strong wind. And, if for some reason you actually do weigh that, please tell me the secret of where you are hiding it??!?!?!?

Susana M Kepner said...

We had no preference either... once they tell you "Is a boy/girl" all you can do is think about having him/her at home and how wonderful your life will be... We had a name already picked out for a girl and we are having a boy... God has great plans for your baby... or babies hmmmm!!! Love you girl!